Welcome to RADIANT Church! As we pray and pursue God in this new season our purpose has been made clear. Radiant Church is a place where you will, experience Christ, engage in community, and embrace the world.
We believe the church is not an organization but God’s movement on the Earth and we recognize we are part of a greater mission, a greater purpose, and a greater story. His story.
He grew up the youngest of five in East New York in a complicated single parent home. At the age of sixteen, his life changed forever when he gave his heart to the Lord at a prayer meeting at the Brooklyn Tabernacle. What he experienced could not be compared to any other experience. He felt God, he felt love, he felt acceptance. Within the last twenty plus years, Pastor Dan has faithfully served the Body of Christ. He is known as “the people’s pastor” because of his humble, genuine and gentle nature. He is now honored to pastor Radiant Church at this point of his faith journey and is excited to see what the Lord will accomplish through this ministry.
She grew up in Hell’s Kitchen, NYC. Although she was raised in a Christian home, Aileen rebelled against her parents and the Lord. Her rebellion led to her leaving her home multiple times, a juvenile record for violence, alcohol abuse, drug use, and involvement in many toxic relationships all before the age of 16. Her life was heading down a dark downward spiral at a rapid speed but in 1997, during her junior year of high school, the Lord intervened and she was radically saved. She is now committed to teaching about true freedom from sin and shame that Jesus offers to all.
18 years ago with a broken, insecure, and rebellious heart he served a prison sentence for robbery and the sale of narcotics. While in prison, Jesus broke into the prison of his heart and he found new life in Christ. Pastor Josh or “PJ” as he is affectionately known, came to Radiant Church when he and his wife Elizabeth were newlyweds, after serving as youth leaders at a church in the Lower East Side of NYC. Pastor Josh enjoys filling his shelves with vintage books as well as listening to good music and song-writing.
Her faith journey began when she gave her heart to the Lord while she was a teenager. As a young adult she backslid but God in His mercy pursued her and at the age of 24 she recommitted and totally surrendered her life to Christ. Lisi is passionate about prayer and loves to life coach and help those around her see their full potential in Christ. She enjoys eating good food with her family and friends.
Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” Matthew 28:18-20
When Jesus sent out His first disciples, He called them to go and make disciples of all nations. We believe this is the call of every follower of Christ. He has all authority and gave us authority to go. In response to this call, we are learning how to be and make disciples who love God, who love each other, who love the world.
Our mission at Radiant Church is simple.
Experience Christ, Engage in Community, and Embrace the World.
At Radiant Church we believe it is our responsibility to seek God, to sense where He is moving, to pursue Him, and to bring others to Him.
As a Church, we operate in a clear fundamental way. We are staff-directed and board-protected. The lead pastor, along with key lead staff members drive the vision of the Church, while the Church board protects that vision.
The main goal of our Church board is to protect, advise, and give clearance to vision and financial decisions made within Radiant Church. The Church board oversees the calling and the commissioning of the Lead Pastor, prepares and gives final approval to the annual budget with the assistance of the staff, oversees long-range financial planning for the Church, reviews all staff salaries, and provides care and maintenance of all properties owned by the Church.
1. We believe in the verbal inspiration of the Scriptures and the authority of both the Old and New Testaments.
2. We believe man was created in the image of God, through disobedience man sinned and fell, and that the entire human race shares in man’s lost and depraved nature.
3. We believe Jesus, the Eternal Son of God, took upon Himself the form of a man by means of the virgin birth. Atonement for sin was made by the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ.
4. We believe salvation is the gift of God by grace alone and received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, and that this faith is manifested in works pleasing God.
5. We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into heaven, and His priestly intercession.
6. We believe the Holy Spirit is the Promise of the Father, our Comforter, sent to convict the world of sin, who places the believer in the Body of Christ, indwells the believer, and bestows spiritual gifts to the church.
7. We believe the baptism of the Holy Spirit is for all believers as a definite endowment of power for service and is subsequent to, and separate from conversion.
8. We believe that the ordinances of the church, by the command of Christ, are water baptism by immersion, and the Lord’s Supper, both of which are administered to those who are born again.
9. We believe in the eternal salvation of the believers and in the eternal damnation and punishment of non-believers.
10. We believe that the consummation of all things includes the visible, personal and glorious return of Jesus Christ, the “Blessed Hope” of the church.